Product Videos: Inspire Purchasing Decisions
Highlighting the features and benefits of your product is a great way to inspire purchasing decisions and increase sales. Product video productions can establish an emotional connection with your customers and differentiate your brand from the competition.
What Is A Product Video and Why Invest In Them?
A product video is a great way to speak directly to potential buyers and convey targeted messaging that drive sales. Effective product videography comes in many forms but often share common traits:
- Seek to establish an emotional connection with potential customers.
- Convey the features and benefits of your product.
- Differentiate your product and brand from the competition.
- Feature demonstrations of your product in use.
- Include professional onscreen and voice talent.
- Have very high production quality.
In a marketplace saturated with competitive products, investing in a product video or product demo video production is an essential ingredient to differentiate your brand and drive product sales.
What Are Best Practices For A Product Video Production?
Product videos and product demo videos provide an invaluable opportunity to connect directly with perspective customers. As a product video production company, let us be your guide at every step in creating an effective campaign:
- Know your target customer.
- Define the key features and benefits of your product.
- Engage your audience in a language the can relate to.
- Seek to connect on a deeper, emotional level.
- Simplicity over complexity. Focus on the key messaging.
- Be authentic. Stay true to your brand.
A well-produced product video will influence purchasing decisions, promote brand awareness, and ultimately, drive sales.
What Is The Process For Creating A Product Video?
Product video and product demo video productions follow a linear flow similar to most other video productions — from Pre-Production, to Production, and through Post-Production:
- Define your target audience and key messaging.
- Choose a storytelling style that best suits your unique product offering.
- Invest in storyboard creation whenever possible.
- Identify and secure the ideal filming location(s).
- Invest in cinema cameras and lenses whenever possible.
- Enhance your product video with graphics, animation, and sound fx.
Though every step in the process is important, investing time in Pre-Production is the surest way to ensure a successful outcome while avoiding wasted effort and unnecessary expense.
How Can I Differentiate My Product Video?
Begin by being true to your brand and your unique product offering. That alone will create differentiation. To further make your product video production stand out, consider the following:
- Keep the message simple and focus on key differentiators of your product.
- Cast professional talent and hire a professional production crew.
- Invest in appropriate lighting to achieve a cinematic look.
- Add animation and stylistic graphics where appropriate.
- Invest in Color Grading and Sound Design.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your product video and product demo by clicking the link below.
I am always confident they will provide a smooth process and an outstanding final product.
“Richter Studios has been an invaluable video production resource for our team. They go above and beyond to ensure our vision comes to life by introducing us to new techniques and offering creative ideas. They are also collaborative and fun to work with! I am always confident they will provide a smooth process and an outstanding final product. I look forward to creating many more beautiful videos with Richter Studios in the future.”
Ellen Eide | Radio Flyer
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 12,000 "films" over 24 years. Our portfolio has won over 75 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world's most celebrated red carpet events.
How Long Does It Take To Produce A Video?
It often depends on the style of the video production that you'd like to pursue. An instructional video, trade show video, or social media video can take as little as 4-6 weeks. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — can take 8-12 weeks.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $20K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $35K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $250K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that's right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we'll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Looking for some great product video examples?
Each of these clients leveraged our product video production services. No two productions are exactly the same but we encourage you to explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work or to find inspiration for your next video production.