Training Videos: Knowledge is Power
Training videos provide your target audience with the information they need to succeed. With well-scripted messaging and intuitive visuals, your viewers will gain the knowledge the need to perform at their best. Let us show you how to get the most from your next training video production.
What Is A Training Video and Why Invest In Them?
Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach someone to fish and you feed them for a lifetime. Professional training video production can teach your target audience how to thrive and succeed. Typically, professional training video productions:
- Offer clear, concise messaging so the viewer can easily follow along.
- Are highly informative, but in a way that is readily approachable and relatable.
- Avoid unnecessary complexity. Too much detail can be counterproductive.
Training video content is driven by scripted messaging — conveyed through voice narration, character dialogue, or onscreen text. Paired with straightforward visuals, information retention rates are greatly enhanced.
What Are Best Practices For Training Video Production?
Training videos tend not to be overly-produced. They are simple, straightforward, and conveyed in a way that prioritizes viewer comprehension and knowledge retention:
- Define your key messaging, takeaways, and call-to-action.
- Know your target audience and their perspective.
- Less is more. Avoid the temptation to say too much.
- Consider segmenting messaging into multiple, easily consumed videos.
- Be meaningful. Your audience should relate to the messages being conveyed.
Producing training videos that resonate with viewers will elevate the knowledge and skills of your target audience. Contact us today to partner with one of the most trusted training video production companies.
What Is The Process For Creating A Training Video?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production:
- Invest the time to define essential messaging while crafting a script that is simple and concise.
- For complex subjects, consider multiple videos that are relatively short and easily digestible.
- Augment your narration with onscreen text or graphic animation to reinforce key messaging.
- Capture relevant b-roll and on-camera demonstrations for the sake of clarity.
Like anything, proper planning is essential. Invest the time and care during Pre-Production to best ensure a successful outcome while avoiding wasted effort and unnecessary expense.
How Can I Differentiate My Training Video Production?
The most important measure of a training video is whether or not your target audience gains and retains the intended messaging. One way to achieve this when producing training videos, is to differentiate your training videos by adopting a more cinematic approach to your production:
- Keep the message simple and concise.
- Cast professional talent and hire a professional production crew.
- Film with cinema-grade cameras and lenses whenever possible.
- Go beyond a tripod to introduce camera motion.
- Don’t skimp on gaffers. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
- Add animation or onscreen graphics where appropriate.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and explore how Richter Studios can differentiate your brand by clicking the link below.
The level of professionalism, creativity and energy that they bring is unmatchable.
“I’ve had the opportunity to work with Richter Studios in my last two productions and I must say they provide the best video production services in Chicago. The level of professionalism, creativity and energy that they bring is unmatchable. Working with Jeremy, Jeff, Nick, Joe and Bianca was a pleasure. Each one of them brought a different perspective to our projects and were always ready to collaborate. The videos they produced were exceptional and proof of their attention to detail and commitment to excellence. Not only that, but they are also lots of fun to work with!”
Arturo Gutierrez | Life Fitness
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 12,000 "films" over 24 years. Our portfolio has won over 65 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world's most celebrated red carpet events.
How Long Does It Take To Produce A Video?
It often depends on the style of the video production that you'd like to pursue. An instructional video, trade show video, or social media video can take as little as 4-6 weeks. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — can take 8-12 weeks.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $20K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $35K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $250K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that's right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we'll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Looking for some great training video examples?
Each of these clients leveraged our training video production services. No two productions are exactly the same but we encourage you to explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work or to find inspiration for your next training video production.