Television & Web Commercials: Influence Your Audience
A commercial video productions is a great way to succinctly convey your brand promise and inspire a call to action. Richter Studios embraces the art of digital cinema to amplify your message and establish deep emotional connections with your target audience.
What Is A Commercial Video Production and Why Invest In Them?
A commercial video production is a short-form video that briefly describes your product, service or brand promise. Their intent is to build up brand loyalty and inspire a call to action. The lines have blurred for commercial distribution, with many now being featured on the web in addition to traditional television. Typically, commercials:
- Seek to establish an emotional connection with your audience.
- Feature professional onscreen and voice talent.
- Have very high production quality.
- Are distributed to a larger audience through targeted ad campaigns.
Investing in a commercial video production is worth considering when you want to reach a larger audience and are looking to increase brand awareness.
What Are Best Practices For A Commercial Video Production?
As commercials are typically seen by a larger audience, it’s best to consider the following:
- Know your target audience.
- Define your key messaging, takeaways, or call-to-action.
- Have an animatic created to preview a rough video version of your concept.
- Do extensive location scouting and talent casting.
- Simplicity over complexity. Focus on the key takeaways.
- Be authentic. Stay true to your brand.
A well-produced commercial holds the potential to influence how your target audience feels about your brand, product or service. If brand awareness is desired, aim for a specific emotional reaction to your commercial video production. If a call to action is desired, make it obvious and easy to act upon.
What Is The Process For Creating A Commercial Video Production?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production. For commercials, extra time and attention should be spent in the initial planning phase:
- Define your target audience, key messaging, and tone.
- Select a storytelling style that best suits your defined goals.
- Detailed storyboards are critical.
- Identify and secure the ideal filming location(s).
- Attain any filming permits, if necessary.
- If driven by talent performance, a rehearsal day is preferred in advance of the shoot.
- Film your commercial.
- Edit, add graphics/animation, sound mix and finish.
Taking added time and care during Pre-Production is the surest way to ensure a successful outcome while avoiding wasted effort and unnecessary expense.
How Can I Differentiate My Commercial Video Production?
Begin by being true to your brand. Seek to tell your unique story. That alone will create differentiation. Then, as we are big believers in the power for film, aim for a high production quality to your commercial. To achieve this, you’ll need a cinematic approach:
- Keep the message simple and focus on the emotion you want your audience to feel.
- Cast professional talent and hire a professional production crew.
- Film with cinema-grade cameras and lenses.
- Don’t skimp on gaffers. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
- Add animation and stylistic graphics where appropriate.
- Invest time in Color Grading with tools like DaVinci Resolve.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your commercial by clicking the link below.
What they delivered far exceeded our expectations.
“We have found the Richter Studios to be a very professional, creative and fun to team to work with. What they delivered far exceeded our expectations. We’re very proud of the end result and are considering other opportunities to work with the Richter Studios team in the future.”
Tom Pashley | President | Pinehurst Resort
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 12,000 "films" over 24 years. Our portfolio has won over 75 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world's most celebrated red carpet events.
How Long Does It Take To Produce A Video?
It often depends on the style of the video production that you'd like to pursue. An instructional video, trade show video, or social media video can take as little as 4-6 weeks. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — can take 8-12 weeks.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $20K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $35K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $250K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that's right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we'll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Looking for some great commercial examples?
Each of these clients leveraged our commercial video production services. No two productions are exactly the same but we encourage you to explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work or to find inspiration for your next video production.