Testimonial Videos: Customer Advocacy For Your Brand
Testimonial videos are a great way for others to speak about their positive experiences with your brand, product or service. Their authenticity can be very powerful. We differentiate your testimonial video production through the power of digital cinema.
What Are Testimonial Videos and Why Invest In Them?
A testimonial video is when a customer shares their experience of working with your company and advocates for your brand or service. Typically, testimonial videos:
- Provide some background information on the business challenge so viewers can understand a bit more about the reason for a customer’s recommendation.
- Feature not only interview footage but also B-Roll of the person providing the testimonial. This creates a further sense of context for the viewer.
- Are informative but relaxed. The most success testimonials are when a customer explains their satisfaction on a personal level and expresses in their own words.
A great testimonial video production is often filmed in a comfortable environment and features interview questions which helps your customer advocate about their positive experiences with your brand, product or service.
What Are Best Practices For Testimonial Video Production?
Here are some general principles to consider when planning your next testimonial video production:
- Hold a conference call with the interviewee in advance of the shoot to build some rapport.
- Develop questions that will likely lead to answers you believe which will be most effective.
- Provide the client with the interview questions in advance of the shoot so they have time to think about their responses.
- Ask client to restate the question in the answer to to provide context.
- Shorter responses are better. Gently remind clients that 20-30 seconds for a response is more than enough.
Be conversational with your client. Have fun with the interview. Expect to ask certain questions more than once. And most importantly, remember the power of editing. Perfect answers aren’t required. Good editors can do wonders with interview footage.
What Is The Process For Creating A Testimonial Video?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production:
- Identify customers which would be willing to provide a testimonial.
- Secure a filming location. Oftentimes, their offices work best because then B-Roll can also be captured to provide context within their daily lives.
- Develop interview questions.
- Film the interview and related B-Roll footage.
- Edit the video and finalize.
You know you have a great testimonial video when your customer wants to share it too. Aim for them to be comfortable and have fun with the effort.
How Can I Differentiate My Testimonial Video Production?
Testimonials are extraordinarily powerful opportunities for your brand. This is your customer we’re talking about and how they are portrayed in the video matters intensely. This is where the power of our cinematic approach makes a huge difference:
- Ask interview questions that will lead to answers which speak to the emotion(s) you want your audience to feel.
- You’re customer is a rock star for your brand. Consider filming with cinema-grade cameras and lenses so they look SPECTACULAR.
- Go beyond a tripod to introduce camera motion.
- Consider filming with multiple cameras. This helps with the editing process and also significantly steps up production quality.
- Don’t skimp on gaffers. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your brand by clicking the link below.
What could have been a static, mundane testimonial transformed into a delightful and engaging film.
“Thanks, Richter Studios, for the best SPR video yet! From the start of the project, the team showed an acute interest in our objective for the film and the story we had hoped to tell. They skillfully prompted our interviewees and captured all of the important details. I loved their ability to take creative ideas, build upon them, and make them come to life. What could have been a static, mundane testimonial transformed into a delightful and engaging film. We're thrilled with the result.”
Rebecca Butman | SPR Consulting
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 11,000 "films" over 23 years. Our portfolio has won over 60 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world's most celebrated red carpet events.
How Long Does It Take To Produce A Video?
It often depends on the style of the video production that you'd like to pursue. An instructional video, trade show video, or social media video can take as little as 4-6 weeks. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — can take 8-12 weeks.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $15K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $25K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $100K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that's right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we'll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Looking for some great testimonial video examples?
Each of these clients leveraged our testimonial video production services. No two productions are exactly the same but we encourage you to explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work or to find inspiration for your next video production.