Video Production /
Web Videos: Introduce Your Company To The World
Web video productions now drive are over 80% of all internet traffic. They are a great way to introduce your company, product or service to the world. Given this much saturation, the important consideration is how to make your web video production standout. We differentiate your web videos through the power of digital cinema.
What Is A Web Video and Why Invest In Them?
For a business, a web video is an informational, communications or marketing tool which conveys important facts and/or features about their company, product or service. They can feature custom-filmed video content, stock footage, animation, voice-over talent and music. Typically, web videos for businesses:
- Have a singular focus and target audience.
- Educate, entertain or inspire viewers to a call to action.
- Increase traffic to websites.
- Are expected to be part of any modern website.
Investing in web video production is critical when you have a customer base that is seeking frequent information about your company, product or services.
What Are Best Practices For Web Videos?
As website video productions can seen by a larger audience, it’s best to consider the following:
- Know your target audience.
- Define your key messaging, takeaways, or call-to-action.
- Map out how many web videos you want to create and determine a distribution schedule.
- Be efficient and film multiple web videos at a time.
- Shorter duration is better. Aim for 2 minutes or less with most video content.
- Determine a video style which will resonate with your target audience best.
With over 80% of all internet traffic now in the form of video, your web video production is the single most important way you to create content to represent your company, product or service online. The more you create, the better you will get at it. Pick a starting point and push yourself to get better with each new video production!
How do I get started on a video production?
If you'd like to learn about the process to produce your video, call us at (312) 861-9999 or send a message.
What Is The Process For Creating Web Videos?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production:
- Define your target audience, key messaging, and tone.
- Select a storytelling style (ie. onscreen host or voice-over) that best suits your defined goals.
- If creating a live action video – identify and secure the ideal filming location(s)
- If creating an animation – develop storyboards which show its look/feel, as well information you want to highlight and transitional treatments.
- Film or animate your web video(s).
- Edit, finalize graphics/animation, sound mix and finish.
These are just general suggestions. Web videos are still a relatively new medium, so there’s a great deal of flexibility with how they can be done. If you have fun with them and stay true to your brand, you’ll do great!
How Can I Differentiate My Web Videos?
There is a great deal of web video content populating the web. Many are shot with lower-grade cameras or smartphones and the production quality is lacking. We believe the power of cinema can transform brands and win over customers. To achieve a cinematic look/feel to your web video production, consider the following:
- Be sure to establish the emotion(s) you want your audience to feel (audiences tend to remember feelings much greater than facts).
- Cast professional talent and hire a professional production crew.
- Film with cinema-grade cameras and lenses.
- Don’t skimp on gaffers. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
- Add animation and stylistic graphics where appropriate.
- Invest time in Color Grading and Sound Design.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your web video production by clicking the link below.
When working with Richter Studios, I know that we're going to get a great end result.
“I've come to Richter Studios with a brief and an idea and they've taken it to the finish line. They know how to make videos look great, so I've trusted their expertise on everything from talent, to locations, to shot selection. When working with Richter Studios, I know that we're going to get a great end result. I couldn't ask for more, I love working with Richter Studios."
Zach Bowers | Digital Marketing Manager | Weiman Products, LLC.
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 12,000 "films" over 24 years. Our portfolio has won over 75 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world's most celebrated red carpet events.
How Long Does It Take To Produce A Video?
It often depends on the style of the video production that you'd like to pursue. An instructional video, trade show video, or social media video can take as little as 4-6 weeks. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — can take 8-12 weeks.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $20K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $35K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $250K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that's right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we'll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Looking for some great web video examples?
Each of these clients leveraged our web video production services. No two productions are exactly the same but we encourage you to explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work or to find inspiration for your next video production.