Corporate Videos: Strategic Communication That Informs
The purpose of a corporate video production is to answer standard business questions. This typically includes clarification about a company’s goals, objectives and mission statement. We help improve the quality of your corporate video by infusing the art of digital cinema, which improves viewer retention.
What Is A Corporate Video and Why Invest In Them?
A corporate video is a strategic communication piece that provides standard information about a company. The audiences tend to be either internal or external-focused. Unlike a brand film, which communicates the soul of a company or the “why”, a corporate video typically answers the Big 5 questions: “Who, What, Where, When and How”. Typically, corporate videos:
- Contain answers to standard questions (ie. Who are we, what do we do, etc.)
- Clearly state the solutions they provide
- Feature interviews with key stakeholders
- Showcase B-Roll of their headquarters and warehouse/factory (if applicable)
An effective corporate video production communicates messaging through a combination of voice-over narration and interview responses. Graphics and light animation can come into play to show a company’s geographic locations or to briefly explain certain service offerings.
Investing in corporate videos is worth considering when standard messaging needs to be communicated about a company’s goals, objectives and mission statement.
What Are Best Practices For A Corporate Video Production?
As corporate videos are not meant to be highly creative productions, the approach to them is fairly academic:
- Interview responses (2-4 key stakeholders) should drive your messaging.
- If there are gaps in interview content, a voice-over can be incorporated.
- Less is more. Avoid the temptation to say too much (ie. cover your company culture in a separate video).
- Be concise. A running time of 2-3 minutes is typical.
- Simplicity over complexity. Focus on the key takeaways (mission, vision, goals and objectives).
A well-produced corporate video is a great way to showcase your organization in a variety of ways — featured on your home page, in your office lobby, shared during in-person meetings, or presented to larger audiences in a conference environment.
What Is The Process For Creating A Corporate Video?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production. For corporate videos, extra time and attention should be spent in the initial planning phase:
- Define your target audience, key messaging, and tone.
- Select a storytelling style that best suits your defined goals.
- Do a location scout at your offices prior to shoot to determine best environments to capture.
- Develop interview questions that will lead to desire messaging
- Factor in at least 45 minutes per interview.
- Film interviews earlier in day, when energy is higher.
Taking added time and care during Pre-Production to address topics like these is the best way to ensure a successful outcome while avoiding wasted effort and unnecessary expense.
How Can I Differentiate My Corporate Video Production?
Begin by being true to your corporate video. Seek to tell your unique story. That alone will create differentiation. Then, take a departure from the word “video” and embrace a film approach. This ensures your corporate video production will benefit from a serious quality upgrade and better viewer retention of your messaging. To achieve this, you’ll need a cinematic approach to production:
- Cast professional voice talent and hire a professional production crew.
- Film with cinema-grade cameras and lenses.
- Go beyond a tripod to introduce camera motion.
- Consider filming with multiple cameras and drones to add a whole new dimension (ie. flyover your corporate headquarters).
- Have at least a 3-man crew, including a gaffer. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
- Add animation where appropriate.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your brand by clicking the link below.
Richter Studios’ film illustrates a fascinating story of our work.
“In the era of digital transformation, technology is a means to delivering an elegant human experience. Richter Studios’ film illustrates a fascinating story of our work with one of our clients, showing the power of transformative technology that affects our everyday life.”
Rob Figliulo | SPR Consulting
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 12,000 "films" over 24 years. Our portfolio has won over 75 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world's most celebrated red carpet events.
How Long Does It Take To Produce A Video?
It often depends on the style of the video production that you'd like to pursue. An instructional video, trade show video, or social media video can take as little as 4-6 weeks. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — can take 8-12 weeks.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $20K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $35K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $250K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that's right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we'll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Looking for some great corporate video examples?
Each of these clients leveraged our corporate video production services. No two productions are exactly the same but we encourage you to explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work or to find inspiration for your next video production.