Live Streaming: Engage Virtual Audiences In Real-Time
Broadcasting live video content is a great way to stay connected even when your audience is far apart. Whether you call it webcasting, live event streaming, virtual meetings, or virtual presentations, the common thread is that they all leverage the Internet to bridge geographic barriers between people and ideas.
What Is A Live Stream Video Production and Why Invest In Them?
A live stream video production, or webcast, is similar to a live television production except that the video stream is broadcast over the Internet rather than a traditional television network. There are several reasons to consider investing in this type of video production:
- It is a great alternative to hosting an in-person event.
- You can engage your audience in real-time with two-way communication.
- It is far less expensive than buying airtime on television networks.
The applications for a streaming video production range from virtual training to live event coverage and an endless range of possibilities in between.
What Are Best Practices For A Live Stream Video Production?
As you plan for your next live stream video production, here are some best practices to consider:
- Be sure to send invitations to your audience well in advance of the scheduled live event.
- Follow-up with reminders as the scheduled event approaches.
- Enhance your broadcast by incorporating RSS feeds or Twitter feeds.
- Give your audience a voice by hosting a Q&A session or inviting them to complete an online survey.
- Most importantly, make it interesting and relevant to the viewer.
Live stream production companies, like Richter Studios, can help you plan and deliver a live broadcast that is specifically tailored to your unique messaging and audience.
What Is The Process For Live Stream Video Production?
The process for a live stream video production is very similar to the process for producing a live television broadcast. The operative word is “live”. This means that there is no room for error so upfront planning is essential:
- Know your message and practice delivering it.
- Hire an experienced production crew to fill critical roles like technical director, camera operators, and audio engineers.
- Make sure you have ample dedicated (redundant whenever possible) bandwidth to accommodate your video upload stream.
- If your event is intended for a private audience, make sure your video stream isn’t set to public.
- Secure the right Content Delivery Network (CDN) for your specific event and target audience.
- For complex broadcasts, rehearsals are an essential part of the process.
By their very nature, live stream productions pose special challenges. Given that, perhaps the most essential part of the process is securing a live stream production company you can trust.
How Can I Differentiate My Live Stream Video Production?
We’ve all joined a live webcast only to find ourselves staring at a PowerPoint deck and listening to a presenter we can’t see. That’s boring. Elevate your next live stream video production by considering the following:
- You’ll make a personal connection with your audience when they can see the presenter(s).
- Augment shots of your presenter(s) with meaningful graphics, onscreen text, or product demonstrations.
- Use a second and even third camera angle for added visual interest.
- Incorporate some previously produced elements, like a slick product launch video, as part of your webcast.
- Enhance production value with video stingers, transitions, and lower thirds.
- Incorporate RSS feeds, Twitter feeds, or comments from Facebook Live.
As a live stream production company, we can take your webcast to the next level. Learn more about Richter Studios and explore ways we can differentiate your brand by visiting the link below.
Our Reality Check videos with Richter Studios have gained over 100 Million views on YouTube and Facebook.
“Our experience with Richer Studios was outstanding from start to finish. Jeremy and his team took time to listen to our overall vision and then worked carefully to translate it to video, not only through excellent video production but also great attention to detail on our graphics. The team at Richter Studios is easy to work with, very professional and quick to assist our team as we create information heavy news content. We have worked with Richter Studios over several years and with each iteration of our video content they have helped us to raise the quality and look of our programming. To date, our Reality Check videos with Richter Studios have gained over 100 Million views on YouTube and Facebook.”
Ben Swann | Reality Check
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 12,000 "films" over 24 years. Our portfolio has won over 65 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world's most celebrated red carpet events.
How Long Does It Take To Produce A Video?
It often depends on the style of the video production that you'd like to pursue. An instructional video, trade show video, or social media video can take as little as 4-6 weeks. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — can take 8-12 weeks.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $20K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $35K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $250K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that's right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we'll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Live Stream Videos
Want to explore additional ways we can elevate your brand?
Check out these brand films. Explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work and find inspiration for your next video production.