Social Media Videos: Position Your Brand For Sharing
Social media video productions hold the potential for exposure to a broad audience. Richter Studios embraces the art of digital cinema to amplify your message and establish deep emotional connections with your brand.
What Is A Social Media Video and Why Invest In Them?
A social media video is one with messaging intended to be shared, liked and discussed on a variety of social and career networking sites. Typically, social media videos:
- Seek to connect with your target audience on an emotional level.
- Encourage interaction through viewer feedback (likes, shares and comments).
- Increase awareness for companies, brands, ideas, causes and beliefs.
- Are part of a larger campaign where frequent content is published.
Social media videos can potentially be a good investment if you want to reach a targeted audience and are looking to increase awareness for your brand, product or service.
What Are Best Practices For Social Media Video Production?
Here are some best practices to consider when planning your next social media video production:
- Know your target audience.
- Define your key messaging, takeaways, or call-to-action.
- Include onscreen text to tell your story. As much as 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound.
- Optimal running times vary by platform. A recent HubSpot article recommends 30 seconds for Instagram, 45 second for Twitter, one minute for Facebook and two minutes for YouTube.
- Be authentic. Stay true to your brand.
Even the most well-produced social media videos aren’t a lock for a big audience. That’s up to the whim of millions. Here are some more tips to consider from Adweek on creating a viral video.
What Is The Process For Creating A Social Media Video?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production:
- Define your target audience, key messaging, and tone.
- Select a storytelling style that best suits your defined goals.
- Storyboards are critical to show how onscreen text will be displayed (crucial for social videos).
- Plan your shoot around aspect ratio considerations (ie. square video format, vertical format, etc.)
- Cast the right voice or onscreen talent.
- Film, edit and animate your video.
Reference Premium Beat’s handy cheat sheet for social media video aspect ratios and many other important considerations.
How Can I Differentiate My Social Media Video Production?
Begin by being true to your brand. Seek to tell your unique story. That alone will create differentiation. Then, consider a cinematic approach to your production so can further standout. To accomplish this, we recommend the following:
- Focus on emotion you want your audience to feel.
- Hire a professional production crew.
- If a live action video, capture with cinema-grade cameras and lenses.
- Consider filming with a variety of cameras (Aerial drones, GoPros, etc.) to add a whole new dimension.
- Feature sports or celebrity talent (they typically have existing social followings)
- Don’t skimp on gaffers. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
- Consider creative text animations to communicate your messaging.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your social media production by clicking the link below.
Their nimble and effective work allowed us to quickly create the video by a critical deadline.
“When we need to tell an important, complex story like this, we immediately turn to on our partnership with Richter Studios. Their nimble and effective work allowed us to quickly create the video by a critical deadline. All of that paid off when the video went viral to announce our innovative new product.”
Mary Kate Fahrenbach Venturini | Radio Flyer
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 10,000 “films” over 20 years. Our portfolio has won over 50 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world’s most celebrated red carpet events.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $15K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $20K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $100K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that’s right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we’ll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Social Media Videos
Looking for some great social media video examples?
Each of these clients leveraged our social media video production services. No two productions are exactly the same but we encourage you to explore our portfolio to view examples of similar work or to find inspiration for your next video production.