Webisodes: Your Stories Told Your Way
Webisodes are daily, weekly or monthly short-form video content that is distributed on popular platforms like YouTube and Facebook. We differentiate your webisodes through the power of digital cinema.
What Is A Webisode and Why Invest In Them?
A webisode is a part of a series of online content that shares a common theme and format. They can be fictional and feature actors or factual and contain host-driven segments. Typically, webisodes:
- Feature a common format or theme (political commentary, for example)..
- Have very high production quality.
- Are posted in regular intervals (daily, weekly or monthly).
- Have loyal fan base viewership.
Investing in webisodic video production is worth considering when you have a deep pipeline of content to share with your customers.
What Are Best Practices For Webisodes?
As webisodes are typically seen by a larger audience, it’s best to consider the following:
- Know your target audience.
- Define your key messaging, takeaways, or call-to-action.
- Map out how many webisodes you want to create and determine a distribution schedule.
- Be efficient and film multiple webisodes at a time.
- Duration can be as little at 4-5 minutes and up to 15 minutes.
- For host-driven content, consider personalities that have a fan base which would resonate with your offering.
Think of webisodes as a podcast on rocket fuel. Your target audience will look for frequent content, so plan accordingly and have fun with it.
What Is The Process For Creating Webisodes?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production:
- Define your target audience, key messaging, and tone.
- Select a storytelling style (ie. onscreen host or voice-over) that best suits your defined goals.
- Identify and secure the ideal filming location(s). For continuity reasons, be sure you can repeat this look for future webisodes.
- Film your webisode(s).
- Edit, add graphics/animation, sound mix and finish.
These are just general suggestions. Webisodes are a very new art form, so there’s a great deal of flexibility with how they can be done. If you have fun with them and stay true to your brand, you’ll do great!
How Can I Differentiate My Webisodes?
There is a great deal of webisodic content on social channels. Many are shot with smartphones and the production quality is lacking. We believe the power of cinema can transform brands and win over customers. To achieve a cinematic look/feel to your webisodes, consider the following:
- Be sure to establish the emotion(s) you want your audience to feel (audiences tend to remember feelings much greater than facts).
- Cast professional talent and hire a professional production crew.
- Film with cinema-grade cameras and lenses.
- Don’t skimp on gaffers. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
- Add animation and stylistic graphics where appropriate.
- Invest time in Color Grading and Sound Design.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your webisode by clicking the link below.
Our Reality Check videos with Richter Studios have gained over 100 Million views on YouTube and Facebook.
“Our experience with Richer Studios was outstanding from start to finish. Jeremy and his team took time to listen to our overall vision and then worked carefully to translate it to video, not only through excellent video production but also great attention to detail on our graphics. The team at Richter Studios is easy to work with, very professional and quick to assist our team as we create information heavy news content. We have worked with Richter Studios over several years and with each iteration of our video content they have helped us to raise the quality and look of our programming. To date, our Reality Check videos with Richter Studios have gained over 100 Million views on YouTube and Facebook.”
Ben Swann | Reality Check
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 10,000 “films” over 20 years. Our portfolio has won over 50 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world’s most celebrated red carpet events.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $15K. Productions that require custom filming — like corporate videos or testimonial videos — typically begin around $20K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $50K to $100K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that’s right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we’ll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.
Want to see more great examples of our work?
In addition to our webisodes, we also have an extensive body of work for you to explore. We encourage you to review our portfolio to see a wide range of examples and to find inspiration for your next video production.