Webisodes: Your Stories Told Your Way
Webisodes are daily, weekly or monthly short-form video content that is distributed on popular platforms like YouTube and Facebook. We differentiate your webisodes through the power of digital cinema.
What Is A Webisode and Why Invest In Them?
A commercial is a short-form video that briefly describes your product, service or brand promise. Their intent is to build up brand loyalty and inspire a call to action. The lines have blurred for commercial distribution, with many now being featured on the web in addition to traditional television. Typically, commercials:
- Seek to establish an emotional connection with your audience.
- Feature professional onscreen and voice talent.
- Have very high production quality.
- Are distributed to a larger audience through targeted ad campaigns.
Investing in a commercial video production is worth considering when you want to reach a larger audience and are looking to increase brand awareness.
What Are Best Practices For Webisodes?
As commercials are typically seen by a larger audience, it’s best to consider the following:
- Know your target audience.
- Define your key messaging, takeaways, or call-to-action.
- Have an animatic created to preview a rough video version of your concept.
- Do extensive location scouting and talent casting.
- Simplicity over complexity. Focus on the key takeaways.
- Be authentic. Stay true to your brand.
A well-produced commercial holds the potential to influence how your target audience feels about your brand, product or service. If brand awareness is desired, aim for a specific emotional reaction to your commercial. If a call to action is desired, make it obvious and easy to act upon.
What Is The Process For Creating Webisodes?
Like any video production, you’ll follow a linear flow from Pre-Production, to Production, and through to Post-Production. For commercials, extra time and attention should be spent in the initial planning phase:
- Define your target audience, key messaging, and tone.
- Select a storytelling style that best suits your defined goals.
- Detailed storyboards are critical.
- Identify and secure the ideal filming location(s).
- Attain any filming permits, if necessary.
- If driven by talent performance, a rehearsal day is preferred in advance of the shoot.
- Film your commercial
- Edit, add graphics/animation, sound mix and finish.
Taking added time and care during Pre-Production is the surest way to ensure a successful outcome while avoiding wasted effort and unnecessary expense.
How Can I Differentiate My Webisodes?
Begin by being true to your brand. Seek to tell your unique story. That alone will create differentiation. Then, fas we are big believers in the power for film, aim for a high production quality to your commercial. To achieve this, you’ll need a cinematic approach:
- Keep the message simple and focus on the emotion you want your audience to feel.
- Cast professional talent and hire a professional production crew.
- Film with cinema-grade cameras and lenses.
- Don’t skimp on gaffers. Lighting is critical to achieving a cinematic look.
- Add animation and stylistic graphics where appropriate.
- Invest time in Color Grading and Sound Design.
Take a deeper dive into these topics and more by exploring how Richter Studios can differentiate your commercial by clicking the link below.
Our Reality Check videos with Richter Studios have gained over 100 Million views on YouTube and Facebook.
“Our experience with Richer Studios was outstanding from start to finish. Jeremy and his team took time to listen to our overall vision and then worked carefully to translate it to video, not only through excellent video production but also great attention to detail on our graphics. The team at Richter Studios is easy to work with, very professional and quick to assist our team as we create information heavy news content. We have worked with Richter Studios over several years and with each iteration of our video content they have helped us to raise the quality and look of our programming. To date, our Reality Check videos with Richter Studios have gained over 100 Million views on YouTube and Facebook.”
Ben Swann | Reality Check
Facts About Video Production By Richter Studios
The master craftsmen at Richter Studios have developed over 10,000 “films” over 20 years. Our portfolio has won over 100 international awards.
Companies which are a good fit to retain Richter Studios have a deep affinity for creative excellence. We seek to build lasting partnerships that inspire our creative team to develop powerful video and animation solutions for our clients. Our pricing structure reflects the craftsmanship which has been featured at the world’s most celebrated red carpet events.
How Much Does It Cost To Produce A Video?
An animation-based explainer video can cost as little as $10K. Videos that require custom filming — like a testimonial or trade show video — typically begin around $20K. Larger productions — like brand films or commercials — which require multiple days of filming, aerial cinematography, or sophisticated animations often range between $40K to $100K. If you have an established budget, we can also work backwards to find the creative approach that’s right for you. Repeat clients enjoy more flexible rates and priority scheduling.
What Do I Need To Do To Get Started With Richter Studios?
The easiest way to get started is to visit our contact page and fill out a brief form. You can also call us by phone at (312) 861-9999 or chat with our representatives directly from this page. Once we learn more about your project, we’ll prepare a formal proposal outlining our approach with a line item cost.